programming from cell phone?

Earl Montgomery

Apr 18, 2018, 12:48:00 PM4/18/18
to FalconPL
Does there exist a programming language where one could write code, debug and implement from the cell phone?  If not could Falcon be the first?

g...@niccolai.cc

Apr 18, 2018, 3:55:13 PM4/18/18
to falc...@googlegroups.com
Well, it depends from what phone. I wrote a porting of falcon for iOS a few years ago, but Android is another can of worms completely.

One of the problems of coding from a phone is the complexity of editing well-formatted code on a phone screen and keyboard. However, if the graphical (actually "graph") programming example I wrote in my previous mail becomes a thing, then coding on any device becomes a serious possibility.

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Huawei

Apr 19, 2018, 1:13:32 AM4/19/18
to FalconPL
It's just a thought.  I've seen a few attempts.  Python, Perl and a few others touted being able to write scripts on the phone but it they were nothing more than text files.  If I could've ran helloworld.py and it returned >> hello world, I would've been super impressed.

I'm not as knowledgeable as the people on your team.  I have been reading from 2009 and I am very impressed with everyone working on this project.  I know I am not as knowledgeable, yet, but what I do have to bring is a vivid imagination.  I wanted to read through everything before posting any comments, but I just wanted to bring that idea to the team in case anyone wanted to have at it.

Can it be done? Well, there is a book by Napoleon Hill called Think and Grow Rich and in it is a brilliant story about Henry Ford and the V8-motor.  If any of you haven't read it, it's a brilliant book.