Feature Suggestion: Loop through URL List

TeamOneJ

Nov 5, 2010, 10:46:56 PM11/5/10
to Fake
I was setting a "test suite" of my site's URLs to have Fake loop
through and was wishing there was some sort of "Repeat for each URL"
action that I could just paste a list of URLs into.

I ended up tweaking the suggestion at http://skitch.com/itod/dq9cj/persistent-data-with-fake.set
to make it work but thought that maybe others might prefer an easier
way to make such a test suite.

Todd Ditchendorf

Nov 5, 2010, 11:04:21 PM11/5/10
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Hi TeamOneJ,

there is, indeed, an easier way to do this now. the key is the new-ish
"Repeat With" Action. see here:

http://skitch.com/itod/d9dr9/repeat-with-urls

thx,
TD

TeamOneJ

Nov 6, 2010, 2:37:52 AM11/6/10
to Fake
Awesome. Your quick support and frequent updates justify my purchasing
3 copies of Fake in the last week.

On Nov 5, 8:04 pm, Todd Ditchendorf <todd.ditchend...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi TeamOneJ,
>
> there is, indeed, an easier way to do this now. the key is the new-ish
> "Repeat With" Action. see here:
>
> http://skitch.com/itod/d9dr9/repeat-with-urls
>
> thx,
> TD
>

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM, TeamOneJ <jasonwc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was setting a "test suite" of my site's URLs to have Fake loop
> > through and was wishing there was some sort of "Repeat for each URL"
> > action that I could just paste a list of URLs into.
>
> > I ended up tweaking the suggestion athttp://skitch.com/itod/dq9cj/persistent-data-with-fake.set

Ferdi Acar

Nov 6, 2010, 12:07:23 PM11/6/10
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Stupid question but,

For what would you use this for. Why should you loop through urls, I mean the purpose of wanting this?

Ferdi Acar

Nov 6, 2010, 12:10:07 PM11/6/10
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Stupid question but,

For what would you use this for. Why should you loop through urls, I mean the purpose of wanting this?

TeamOneJ

Nov 8, 2010, 4:19:35 PM11/8/10
to Fake
We have a highly dynamic PHP-generated website so I created a list of
URLs that is representative of each different possible type of page
that can be rendered. I have my php.ini configured to prepend all PHP
errors with '<div id="errorphp">' on our beta site and my Fake
workflow loops through each URL rendering each page. If Fake detects
the presence of the ID 'errorphp' it emails me. This allows me to run
a sort-of "unit test" on all page variants before we roll new code
live.

(This is in addition to regular unit testing of the code, but it is
nice to be able to quickly check each script for additional piece of
mind.)

You could also adapt the above idea and an Exception handler to also
check for Exceptions.

ryan

Jan 19, 2014, 10:29:52 PM1/19/14
to fak...@googlegroups.com
I also would like to do this, but the skitch example no longer works. Can you paste your code here?