Page load speed

Sten Hougaard

Feb 13, 2014, 2:26:46 AM2/13/14
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am new to Fake - great app! :-)

I would like to be able to get a "true" load time for a webpage, so I insert a javascript before and after the page load.

I have tried to set a javascript variable before and after load prompt the difference between "Now" and that variable - did not give me a prompt.

I have tried the same using "window.fake.set('myVarName', new Date())" and a window.fake.get('myVarName') after, but same result.

How can I setup a workflow which will give me load time?

/Sten Hougaard

Charlie Garrison

Feb 14, 2014, 7:05:27 PM2/14/14
to fak...@googlegroups.com

--
Make-Tracks Secure Hosting Pty Ltd <http://www.make-tracks.com>
PO Box 141 <ad...@make-tracks.com>

** Take Control of Your Website **

Charlie Garrison

Feb 14, 2014, 7:05:28 PM2/14/14
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

<nets...@gmail.com> wrote:

>How can I setup a workflow which will give me load time?

Do you need to do something with that time, or do you just need
to know what it is? The inspector will give all the time
breakdowns you could possible want.

>I have tried to set a javascript variable before and after load
>prompt the difference between "Now" and that variable - did not
>give me a prompt.
>
>I have tried the same using "window.fake.set('myVarName', new
>Date())" and a window.fake.get('myVarName') after, but same result.

You might need to show some actual code; it's not clear what
"same result" means. If you mean the action to show a dialog
prompt is not working, then your problem is with running all
actions, not finding the difference between two times. Anyway,
show some actual code, eg. how are you calculating the time
difference, how are you displaying a dialog prompt?

Charlie