Video shows Fake being able to fill out a form, but where does the data for the form come from?

basilmiro

Nov 25, 2013, 2:05:40 PM11/25/13
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Video shows Fake being able to fill out a form, but where does the data for the form come from?

Can i have a .csv, .xls or any kind of xlm feed data to the form?

Or do i have to enter the form data manually the first time and Fake just enters the "same" data everywhere. Can i have it enter different data based on an external file and its rows and columns?

Brian Hinshaw

Nov 27, 2013, 4:23:36 PM11/27/13
to fak...@googlegroups.com
One way to do this is by text file. Txt file has one line for each value i'm going to pass

Then I have the actions:
Repeat with, variable names line, in lines in file, txt file
Do Javascript - var line = fake.get('line'); var row = line.split(','); fake.set('url',row[0]);
Load URL
Set Value of HTML Element, with id, input the element name, to ${line} - this sets the element value to the txt file value
Click HTML Element, with ID, submit
Delay for 1 second
End Repeat

In this case I have a search page and I'm passing in a new value each time, pausing it for a second and then going onto the next entry from the text file

This post refers to looping through CSV - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fakeapp/VBcExfiDFKc