Feature Request

MDog

Jul 16, 2010, 9:20:59 AM7/16/10
to Fake
I would like to use Fake to scrape a 3 web pages for info (using an
xPath expression) and place the data into a spreadsheet (preferably a
google docs spreadsheet).

something like:
export (xPath expression) from current page to (text file | excel
spreadsheet | google doc | clipboard | etc.)

Even if FAKE could copy the data to the clipboard > navigate to the
google docs spreadsheet > paste into the last cell

: )

itod

Jul 16, 2010, 11:35:42 AM7/16/10
to Fake
Hi MDog,

you can do this now, this screenshot is an example how:

<http://fakeapp.googlegroups.com/web/script.png?
gda=teMqej0AAABp4T7vl1uH5uQ3E1ol0iLZFKJb4EV6wgY8AyaqvUBkoZn_UefFkoPX3ow1uU2RfqjlNv--
OykrTYJH3lVGu2Z5>

do an xpath query in JS. set the string results as variables using
fake.set(), and then save the variable results to a file using a "run
unix script" action.

the only real hickup here is that as of 0.4.2, Fake requires variables
set thru fake.set() to be strings. I think i will try to fix that to
be more lenient in 0.5

TD

MDog

Jul 19, 2010, 10:03:45 AM7/19/10
to Fake
Thanks for the response. I don't know much about Javascript, I guess
it's time to learn.

MDog

Jared Saunders

Dec 30, 2013, 12:24:09 PM12/30/13
to fak...@googlegroups.com
Hi itod,

This thread looks like it has the solution for something I'm trying to accomplish with Fake ... unfortunately, the link to the image is no longer valid.  Any chance you have access to that image and could re-post it?

Jared