Re: How do I make a workflow run automatically?

Jeff Pence

Jan 6, 2014, 3:37:33 PM1/6/14
to fak...@googlegroups.com
I got this to work. An apple script in my automator workflow app:

on run {input, parameters}

tell application "Fake"

activate

end tell

tell application "System Events"

tell process "Fake"

tell menu bar 1

tell menu bar item "Workflow"

tell menu "Workflow"

click menu item "Run"

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

return input

end run

Jeff
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:43:26 PM UTC-4, Jerry wrote:
I was going to give you detailed instructions on using Automator to accomplish this, but I got stuck on step one myself. Fake responds to a host of commands, but I couldn't figure out how to get those actions to show up in Automator.

If there's not an easy way to make Automator Fake-savvy, there's always AppleScript— Automator is a pretty front end for the scripting architecture of the Mac, and you can always write those scripts by hand if need be. This one would be quite simple. If no one can help with step one for the easy way, I can go into more detail about writing a script.

Jerry

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:31:01 AM UTC-7, Gabrielle Loeb wrote:
Hi,
How can I make my workflow run automatically every day? I am not familiar with any coding languages, so detailed step-by-step instructions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Gabby