Writing opportunity at Popsugar: staffer on campus this week!

Sonya Huber

Oct 20, 2019, 10:51:08 AM10/20/19
to fairfieldcw
Hello all,

Fairfield alum Amanda KcKelvey is seeking writers for PopSugar, and your publications can lead to paying work in the future.

She'll be speaking on campus in room 203 in the nursing building at 6:30 pm, where you can meet her and learn about this opportunity! If you have any questions, or if you can't make it but are interested, please contact her at amck...@popsugar.com.

From Amanda:
POPSUGAR<http://popsugar.com/> is actively recruiting new writers through the Voices<https://www.popsugar.com/Writing-POPSUGAR-40810428> program, our network of freelancers, and we're extending the offer to college students. We'd love to hear from those interested in writing about entertainment (movies and TV), fitness, family dynamics, and lifestyle categories like home and relationships.

We do ask for first posts to be submitted unpaid — after that, our freelance rate starts at $50 for standard posts, such as personal essays, recipe roundups, or tips posts, and $100 for DIYs, posts that require original photography, or more research-intensive posts. In adding more students to our pool of contributors, we're hoping to get more perspectives from young adults all over the country who are just starting their writing careers. The more voices, the better! In exchange, they'll get bylined clips to begin a portfolio and experience working with seasoned editors.

If you know anyone that might be a good fit, we'd love if you could direct them to our information page<https://www.popsugar.com/Writing-POPSUGAR-40810428>. There are lots of details about the program within that page, and they can start a profile by scrolling halfway down to the "Share Your Story" section and clicking "To submit your story to our team, click here!"

--

Sonya Huber

(using gmail as reply to university emails; feel free to reply to either address)

BOOKS