of the Coops of Marin. Can I come take a picture of your coop and
conduct a short interview about it's construction?? It will be used
for educational purposes.

more info on the films can be found at www.sustainablefairfax.org

JULY 16th EVENT:
Homegrown Food — As Local as it Gets

FILM: Homegrown <http://www.homegrown-film.com>
Homegrown follows the Dervaes family who run a small organic farm in
the heart of urban Pasadena, California. While "living off the grid",
they harvest over 6,000 pounds of produce on less than a quarter of an
acre, make their own bio diesel, power their computers with the help
of solar panels, and maintain a website that gets 4,000 hits a day.
Robert McFalls, producer and director of the film states “ Homegrown
is ultimately a family story. It’s about what lead them to where they
are today, what changed them and what keeps them together. Perhaps by
learning of their journey to a sustainable life style, we might be
inspired to take our own first steps.”

SPEAKER: David Haskell, Garden of Eatin' <http://www.nbcc.net/garden/
index.cfm>
David Haskell is Director of the award winning Garden of Eatin’
Childhood Obesity Prevention Project at Novato’s North Bay Children’s
Center. He has also been involved in speaking for and helping to
organize Marin County’s approach to Zero Waste.

AUGUST 6th EVENT:
Backyard Chickens — Ruling the Roost

FILM: Mad City Chickens (California Premier) <http://www.tarazod.com/
filmsmadchicks.html>
The return of the urban backyard chicken... Mad City Chickens is a
sometimes serious, sometimes whimsical look at the people who keep
urban chickens in their backyards. From chicken experts and authors,
to a rescued landfill hen or an inexperienced family that decides to
take the poultry plunge—and even a mad scientist and giant hen taking
to the streets—it’s a humorous and heartfelt trip through the world of
backyard chickendom.

SPEAKERS: Tashai Lovington & Robert Lughai, filmmakers

Co-Producer/Director Tashai Lovington is a graduate from the
University of Illinois (Chicago) where she studied film, photography,
and digital media. Her student film, 3rd Rail Band, which aired on
television, invited viewers down into the bowels of the Chicago subway
to witness musicians who otherwise might never see the light of day.
As producer of the short, La Fe’e Rouge, Lovington was honored with
the Audience Award in the 2006 PBS/ITVS sponsored Independent Lens
Film Festival.
Co-Producer/Director Robert Lughai is currently Program Coordinator &
Education Director for television station WYOU in Madison, Wisconsin.
He’s collaborated on numerous films with his partner Tashai Lovington,
having formed Tarazod Films. Lughai directed their short, La Fe’e
Rouge, which won the Audience Award in the 2006 PBS/ITVS sponsored
Independent Lens Film Festival.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄