Exam protocol

Alex Railean

Jun 23, 2012, 5:19:36 PM6/23/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
Kolata!

Here are some news about the exam.

- the day of the exam is a perfectly valid opportunity to show your
other labs, don't worry if you haven't managed to show them to me
during the semester.

- don't forget to make updates in the shared Google spreadsheet, to
reflect your current status.

- on D-day, you should prepare the following precomputed grades:
- the one based on the labs I've seen during the semester, this
includes an interview(!)
- the grade that defines your hypothetical performance, assuming
that the extra-labs you brought will be flawless
- the grade you are hoping to get
- the one you think you deserve

I must point out that the last two points have a difference. For
example:
- I think a grade that objectively defines my skills is 8
- I need a 9 to prevent my archnemesis from kicking me out of
the dorm, or to prevent the pattern in my matricola from
breaking (ex: 6789 - royal flush, 567890 - пол ста, etc :-)

The final grade is determined using a highly convoluted stochastic
system that takes these grades at the input, along with samples of
radiation reflected by Saturn's rings.

I wish to remind you that bringing a working program is not enough,
and as you show the program in action, I can ask various questions
about it; these questions can be outside the scope of the lab, but
they will never be outside of the scope of the course in general.

Let's make it easy for everybody :-)