Re: Is it true what I've heard?

Alex

May 27, 2012, 4:18:08 PM5/27/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> I've heard from another fafers about such a possibility to receive a 5
> (mark) for laboratory works if we have presented the first 2.
>
> Wanted to ask whether such a possibility really exists?
I just watched an episode of Mythbusters and this one was partially confirmed.

Indeed, such a possibility exists, but if I recall correctly, the deal
was to submit
- 3 labs, not 2
- any 3 labs, not the first ones - so you're free to choose whatever
you think is easier

There are some additional constraints:
- this only works for those who attend classes regularly.
- these labs must include well-written reports and you have to pass an
interview as well.

I should also explicitly state that
- sending me a bunch of attachments on D-Day does not count as "lab submitted".
- labs without reports don't count, even if the software works. One
day you'll end up maintaining [poorly written, half-baked,
undocumented] software written by somebody else and you'll see why
these reports make a difference.

I must admit that there are some students I cannot identify, because I
saw them once or twice; and the interaction was limited to their
saying "prezent!" when I read their name from a list. This discount
does not apply to such people.

Igor Green

May 27, 2012, 5:09:23 PM5/27/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.

I remember submitting 2 laboratory work (sending you report and
answering them some time later) so all i need is answering one more
laboratory work. (Igor Grincu SIPC laboratory work, cause it was some
time ago)

What concerns presence, I've tried to come at most of the lessons.
I make practice currently at a Moldavian design company so i am
occupied most of my time.

Thank you for you time:)

Alex Railean

May 27, 2012, 6:25:41 PM5/27/12
to Igor Green

> I remember submitting 2 laboratory work (sending you report and
> answering them some time later) so all i need is answering one more
> laboratory work. (Igor Grincu SIPC laboratory work, cause it was some
> time ago)
Yep, that seems to be the case.

I think it is a good idea to choose the assignment related to a shared
whiteboard program - you can work with a colleague, so there's a
chance that it will be easier to implement.

> What concerns presence, I've tried to come at most of the lessons.
> I make practice currently at a Moldavian design company so i am
> occupied most of my time.
You should read this, it is short and it has pictures:
http://railean.net/index.php/2011/02/27/students-school-aliens-home

Even if it doesn't change your mind, you will at least hear about:
- Fermi's paradox
- The Galactic Modeling Language
- The singularity

You should never let an employer interfere with your education (unless
they do it in a positive way).

Igor Green

May 27, 2012, 7:24:07 PM5/27/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
I've read the story and liked it, as well as the pictures:)

There is nothing I can say against its moral, but the circumstances
are not always the same for each separated individual. I've made my
chose and so far it satisfies me or i just can't imagine it to be in
some other way.

I am a direct person and decided to tell you about the reason i had to
skip several SIPC classes, rather then telling you all kind of stuff
like i had to water the plants at home or had to pay the bills at
bank.

Thank you for your time.

Igor Green

May 28, 2012, 6:14:56 AM5/28/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
And thank you by the way for sharing this conversation between 2 faf
groups. I "appreciate" that.