Videography & co

Alex

Mar 2, 2012, 3:38:26 PM3/2/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
I know that Google had a major outage today and even though all of you wanted to find the movies I mentioned, you couldn't search for them. Fortunately, I have direct links :-)

And here are some highlights from The 7th Avenue project

This is really interesting material, you should expose yourselves to this kind of stuff and think about what you want to do in the future. Do you want to sit in a cubicle and implement the product of someone else's intellect? Do you want to create new things from scratch? Do you want to create new branches of science?

Alex Railean

Nov 26, 2012, 4:13:17 AM11/26/12
to fafo...@googlegroups.com
It is no secret that if the environment is user-friendly, studying is
much more interesting. FCIM is not the best place on Earth, but it
doesn't mean we can't do anything to improve it.

Hypothetically, if we somehow managed to get hold of a sofa, some
armchairs, some desks and coffee tables and lamps - would there be a
place where we could keep these things?

Do you think there are risks that these items will be vandalized by
wild non-faf species that inhabit the university? :-)

The universities in the USA are much more comfortable, in terms of
furniture, availability of whiteboards, or places where you can hang
out with your colleagues and discuss a topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJOvhtb3oE

It would be great if we could move in that direction and change FCIM a
little bit. We could buy some reasonably cheap furniture from sites
like 999.md or bring stuff from home - this way we wouldn't have to
wait for the administration to make any investments.

If you have any ideas about it - let me know, and we'll try to figure
something out.