FadeCandy Weird Behaviour // Dead?

pierre tardif

Sep 22, 2020, 4:45:53 PM9/22/20
to Fadecandy
Hi everyone!

I'm currently working on an installation, which takes 2 fadeCandy to run. Today the second FC part of the installation stopped working properlly ( when it was running fine until now). I've been troubleshooting, but I'm not sure where the problem comes from.

I'm not sure which part of the installation is damaged / dead.
This is what we have tried so far:

- Unplug the power supply and box with all connections, and just plug the power supply to one strip on 52 leds.
- Unplug FadeCandy and wire it to the strip.
- check on localhost:7890, and identified the FC -  working, it blinks-.
- tried to power 100% the 52 leds, it only works for half of them.
- tested voltage on my power supply, i have 5V...

Things I will try tomorrow :
- Try a different power supply,
- Double check the meter of LED i'm using to be sure they are all working fine.

Any suggestions on what I could have forgotten...?

My hint is that the FC might be fried as when I move the LEDs, they sometimes light up a bit. Or could it be coming from a shortcut in the LEDs?

Best,

Michael Hartmann

Sep 22, 2020, 6:17:18 PM9/22/20
to pierre tardif, Fadecandy
It would totally help if you would describe what is not working…..

Based on your statement of “Half the LEDs are working” if that means it works half way to a WS2812 led-chain but then stops most likely that LED died.
Swap the LED’s between nth working controller and the faulty chain and see if the LEDs work all the way through then.

Michael

Earl Allgood

Sep 22, 2020, 10:49:56 PM9/22/20
to Fadecandy
Sounds like a short in the lights. Try a couple different strings that are working else where.