Mapping irregular light locations

ID-Redacted

Aug 13, 2020, 8:16:30 PM8/13/20
to Fadecandy
I swear I saw a tool to use a camera to map the x/y position of the LEDs.  Does anyone have any suggestions where to look?  The idea is that you can hang a camera over your installation and step through each light and record its X/Y position for the mapper.

Louis Beaudoin

Aug 16, 2020, 11:48:24 AM8/16/20
to Fadecandy
I’m pretty sure LED lab has this. I just tried using the free version and it said I needed an iPad to do mapping. Not sure if you need to upgrade and if you can export the map files. It does have Fadecandy support:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/l-e-d-lab/id832042156

ID-Redacted

Aug 16, 2020, 11:21:16 PM8/16/20
to Fadecandy
Very cool!  Thanks for the heads up. Wow, he is proud of some of the in-app purchases!  Up to $210!