Fadecandy on Apple Silicon M1 macbook

bria...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2021, 6:52:30 AM1/14/21
to Fadecandy
Has anyone had succes building/running fadecandy on the new m1 macs?
Running the pre build server gets me this error:
zsh: bad CPU type in executable
And trying to build it, gets me this error after running make:
ld: unknown/unsupported architecture name for: -arch armv4t
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [fcserver] Error 1
Is it simply not supported or am I missing something obvious?
Thanks

Louis Beaudoin

Jan 14, 2021, 3:29:08 PM1/14/21
to Fadecandy
Try this first: https://github.com/scanlime/fadecandy/issues/132#issuecomment-564298422

Fadecandy hasn't been updated to run on the latest versions of MacOS yet.  Hopefully with this change the compiler will be able to build the application, and then you can run it with emulation

Ysbrand Otjes

Aug 1, 2023, 11:29:05 PM8/1/23
to Fadecandy
the 64-bit version doesn't seem to want to run on my m2. i had it running on my 2019 intel mac. but transferring over that build to the m2 didn't do the trick unfortunately.

Ysbrand Otjes

Aug 2, 2023, 6:08:23 PM8/2/23
to Fadecandy
Correction: it seems to work when I drag the executable into terminal and press enter. not sure why that's different, but putting it here so it might be of use of someone.