New to Fadecandy/Linux - looking to Make a server

Darren Lavery

Nov 6, 2020, 11:04:24 PM11/6/20
to Fadecandy

Hello All,

Not having much knowledge around this subject, i have attempted to search the web for a basic clear guide of how to build a fadecandy server and have attempted a few things i have found to build a server, but these have resulted in failures so far.

Is there anyone that could give a basic step by step guide on build a fadecandy server in ubuntu.

I understand if not, but thought i would post and see if there had been someone who made guide for maybe for there own personal usage.

Many Thanks in advance

AT CoD

Nov 7, 2020, 10:33:00 PM11/7/20
to Fadecandy
Hi,

First you need to download the code and compile it.

All commands are fun from a terminal.  You may have to add developer tools and git to your os.

I "cloned" the code repository by doing:

git clone https://github.com/scanlime/fadecandy.git

Then you need to compile the code.

First change to the server directory. do:

cd fadecandy/server

Next you need to make the software dependancies by doing:

make submodules

followed by

make

Now you can run the Fadecandy server by typing

sudo ./fcserver

One thing I do is change the configuration so I can attach to the server from the network.

Edit the file config.json.  I have 4 strings of 50 LEDs. Here is my config.

{

    "listen": [null, 7890],

    "relay":  [null, 7891],

    "verbose": true,