Control Fadecandy/ Processing with Webbrowser

Harry

Nov 15, 2017, 7:27:22 AM11/15/17
to Fadecandy
Please, I need directive for the following project:

A Raspberry PI controls three Fadecandy boards to drive an array of LEDs. I can display Processing files running on a Client by connecting to the fcserver on the PI.

Now I want to have Processing running on the PI and use a webpage to select from various processing scripts.
I found this:
but it says "Processing on the web won't work with any imported Java libraries", so I don't now if this is the right path to follow as OPC does seem to import Java libraries.

Looks like I could use some advice at this point.

Thanks!

Edward Platero

Apr 6, 2018, 1:28:54 PM4/6/18
to Fadecandy
I've been able to accomplish this using Node Red to capture input from a web UI object and then run a processing sketch via the command line.

Don't know if you still need help, but I can share what I've accomplished.

Wes Harden

Apr 6, 2018, 3:14:58 PM4/6/18
to Fadecandy
Could either of you tell me what method you’re using to run sketches on your Pi assuming it’s running headless?

My project receives OSC signal in a sketch to control visuals, but so far I haven’t had any luck using the “virtual display” method to run the sketch from the Pi terminal.

Edward Platero

Apr 7, 2018, 1:36:06 AM4/7/18
to Fadecandy
I’ve used Node Red and it’s Ui to trigger a batch file the runs the sketch via the command line. If your sketch is just recieving Osc info then it should run.
Here is my batch script

#!/bin/bash
killall java
DISPLAY=:0 processing-java --sketch=/home/pi/signscripts/purple/ --output=/tmp/processing/test --force --run

I kill any sketches running and then launch whatever sketch is called up. It’s Hackey but it works.

Eric Lin

May 7, 2020, 2:27:32 AM5/7/20
to Fadecandy
Did you ever find a solution to running Processing sketches on your Pi headless?