Fadecandy vs Pixel Pusher

Sean Brassil

Sep 12, 2020, 10:49:51 PM9/12/20
to Fadecandy
Hi Folks

I've done some cursory review of these two different pixel controllers and aside from form factor, # of controllable pixels, and the network port on the Pixel pusher there doesn't appear to be too much difference.

The cost of Fadecandy is very attractive compared to Pixel Pusher but is there any reason anyone would choose the Pixel Pusher over the Fadecandy?

Primarilar looking for something that will integrate with LED lab app.

Many Thanks!

Grant Patterson

Sep 13, 2020, 2:16:29 AM9/13/20
to Sean Brassil, Fadecandy
I'm not sure how well FadeCandy works with LED Lab, but PixelPusher definitely works well with it. However, I would caution that, according to its creator, "PixelPusher is end-of-life, and once they're gone, they're gone." Their support forum, which I was never very pleased with, has basically been abandoned by the team. More up-to-date replacements seem to be Falcon or Pixlite.