Construction Time

Marcin Jakubowski

Nov 5, 2010, 6:15:21 PM11/5/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Brown
Dear True Fans and Supporters,

Construction time is here. See the latest blog post:

http://openfarmtech.org/weblog/2010/11/construction-time/

This is an open invitation to anyone who wants hands-on experience in CEB construction - an advanced, natural building method. I know several of you are in the Kansas City area, so come help us build, any time over the next 9 days. It will be a great experience - with the open source showcase of the LifeTtrac II tractor, Soil Pulverizer II, and CEB press in action.  We'll be out there till November 14th, right before our California Tour.

These are exciting times, and the building results so far are quite pleasing. See the video in the first link. We also need additional building materials to complete the structure, so chip in if you can. More awesome news is forthcoming.

Thanks,
Marcin

PS. Please let me know if you do not want to get emails addressed to the True Fans and Supporters, or if you are getting a double copy of this message.

heathmatlock

Nov 5, 2010, 6:33:47 PM11/5/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com
I certainly appreciate the updates and might be able to come next weekend. There's a major project at work beginning next week, so I will unfortunately know if I can come at the last second. I certainly would enjoy the trip to lend a working hand. Will let you know if I'm coming, if not, I hope things go according to plan. What are the plans, by the way, if you don't reach your money goals for the materials?

Heath Matlock
+1 256 274 4225

Marcin Jakubowski

Nov 5, 2010, 11:05:17 PM11/5/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:33 PM, heathmatlock <heathm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I certainly appreciate the updates and might be able to come next weekend. There's a major project at work beginning next week, so I will unfortunately know if I can come at the last second. I certainly would enjoy the trip to lend a working hand. Will let you know if I'm coming, if not, I hope things go according to plan.

Yes.

What are the plans, by the way, if you don't reach your money goals for the materials?

We'll do less this time if we don't get materials - or possibly end up building walls in addition to columns - these are free.

Marcin

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Marcin Jakubowski <joseph....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Marcin Jakubowski, Ph.D.
Open Source Ecology
http://openfarmtech.org/weblog
Key Links:
  1. New! Global Village Construction Set (GVCS) in 2 Minutes - 2 min video
  2. How to Build a Post-Scarcity Village – 5 min video
  3. OSE featured in Plenitude: New Economics of Real Wealth – 3 min video
  4. Economy in a Box presentation – 45 min video
  5. Progress on the ground – tractor, CEB press, hole puncher, torch table, crowd funding

Nobody said that building the world's first open source village would be easy.

-- Anonymous, 2009

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

NOTICE: All discussion in this communication is in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you are sharing proprietary, confidential, or otherwise privileged information, you must make that explicit. Otherwise, this discussion may be copied, republished, and otherwise used in the public domain - respectfully and with proper attribution. Furthermore, please consider that we are not interested in discussion as much as action. Therefore, we are particularly interested in discussion of ideas that both parties can commit to by acting on them.

Marcin Jakubowski

Nov 6, 2010, 12:16:49 AM11/6/10
to Recon Ranger, facto...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Brown
Location is the Missouri one at http://openecology.org/spaces.html

Marcin

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Recon Ranger <reco...@gmail.com> wrote:
To all concerned,

Where exactly is this event taking place?
I would surely like to attend and even help, if I possibly can.

Thank You, Nick