CEB construction

Rebecca Neudeck

Nov 5, 2010, 6:38:03 PM11/5/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com

Would like to help Monday afternoon, leaving midtown KC approx 1 pm, start back by 9 pm and can give a ride either way.

Marcin Jakubowski

Nov 5, 2010, 11:06:30 PM11/5/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Rebecca. Anyone in KC - here's your ride for Monday.

Marcin

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Rebecca Neudeck <becky...@gmail.com> wrote:

Would like to help Monday afternoon, leaving midtown KC approx 1 pm, start back by 9 pm and can give a ride either way.

Marcin Jakubowski, Ph.D.
Open Source Ecology
http://openfarmtech.org/weblog
Key Links:
  1. New! Global Village Construction Set (GVCS) in 2 Minutes - 2 min video
  2. How to Build a Post-Scarcity Village – 5 min video
  3. OSE featured in Plenitude: New Economics of Real Wealth – 3 min video
  4. Economy in a Box presentation – 45 min video
  5. Progress on the ground – tractor, CEB press, hole puncher, torch table, crowd funding

Nobody said that building the world's first open source village would be easy.

-- Anonymous, 2009

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

NOTICE: All discussion in this communication is in the public domain, unless otherwise noted. If you are sharing proprietary, confidential, or otherwise privileged information, you must make that explicit. Otherwise, this discussion may be copied, republished, and otherwise used in the public domain - respectfully and with proper attribution. Furthermore, please consider that we are not interested in discussion as much as action. Therefore, we are particularly interested in discussion of ideas that both parties can commit to by acting on them.

Marcin Jakubowski

Nov 6, 2010, 11:15:35 AM11/6/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com
Becky and Others,

Please bring a corded hand drill if you have one. We are using drills to mix watery mortar slurry in 5 gallon buckets - by attaching a mixing bit to the drill.

Marcin

Stefene Russell

Nov 6, 2010, 11:36:26 AM11/6/10
to facto...@googlegroups.com
Wish we could make it - we are obligated with other stuff next weekend, but want to stay on the list, and will definitely make it out as soon as we can.