Renaming modalities in result file -> labels in map?

Jan Fredrik Hovden

Oct 20, 2020, 7:19:45 AM10/20/20
to FactoMineR users
Is it possible to edit the names of the modalities in a result file from e.g. an MFA (here named: "res") so that the names of the categories in the map is changed?

E.g. having this variable:

> levels(mecin.MFA$Q11_10_national_politics)
[1] "0"                 "National politics”

… in this map becomes: “Q11_10_national politics_National politics”

... this is also the name of the modality in res$summary.quali$modalite

I was wondering if it is possible to rename the modalities directly in the "res" file to change the lables in the maps?

Eg. doing something like:

res$summary.quali$modalite[2]<-"National politics"

But as it looks to me, it does not look like the label in the map (using plot.MFA or factoextra). Is the categories used in the map stored elsewhere in "res", or am I doing some basic mistake?

Jan Fredrik Hovden