Custom email 'From' field does not seem to work

MyHealth

Aug 9, 2012, 11:51:25 AM8/9/12
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aishwarya,

When inviting participants, the custom 'From' field does not show on the recipients email.  Instead they see 'facti...@gmail.com'.

Could this be a bug or just a setting in Outlook that is blocking false sender info?

Thanks,
Matt

Aishwarya Singhal

Aug 9, 2012, 12:01:21 PM8/9/12
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt

This is because Factile uses Gmail's email server (SMTP) to send emails and Gmail does not allow custom "from" addresses (so that people/ software do not abuse somebody else's account). This seems to be the case with most of the available email services online.

However, the emails have a reply-to set to the custom email that you specify, so if the users do a reply, that would come to your specified account.

Also, if you would like to install Factile on your servers and leverage your company's mail servers, I can supply the steps and help you do that

Best regards
Aishwarya

MyHealth

Aug 9, 2012, 4:30:55 PM8/9/12
to fac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that makes sense but I just wanted to check I wasn't missing an option or it wasn't a bug.

We don't have an on-site email server so I'm not sure if it would be worth installing on our intranet server.  I'll just explain to staff that any replies will come to me and not Factile.

Kind regards,
Matt