Re: Digest fo facility-registry@google. groups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

gerald thomas

Oct 22, 2019, 10:14:50 AM10/22/19
to facility...@googlegroups.com

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019, 22:22 <facility...@googlegroups.com wrote:
"Olusesan Makinde" <maki...@viableknowledgemasters.com>: Oct 12 04:13PM +0100

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings from Abuja, Nigeria.

I’d like to bring to your attention a Mobile App that we recently released and branded ‘Reporta Health’.

Reporta Health is a crowdsourcing mobile app which is available for download in Google Playstore. The app builds on the national list of health facilities to help the general public to identify unregistered health facilities and avoid quacks. It advocates that the general public use the app to report such unlisted facilities and geotag them. The information provided will then be passed on to the government for a regulatory visit. It also offers an opportunity to report poor quality service in health facilities and rate health facilities. Besides reporting, the app permits easy identification of health facilities that are around the user and for easy navigation to the health facility as well. Additionally, it offers information on the services that are within a location. Our vision is to use the app to drive quality healthcare with technology.

While the current release is specific to Nigeria, the App can be deployed to other countries as well once we have access to the government registered list of facilities for the country.

You can learn more about the app from our website https://reportahealth.org/

We welcome feedback on how to improve on the app and will also be interested in partnership with other countries that have established Master Facility Lists.

Thank you.

Dr. Olusesan Makinde MBBS, MSc, MS, PhD

Managing Partner,

Viable Knowledge Masters

Abuja, Nigeria.

Office Tel: 09064137838

Mobile Tel: +234-8029971000 or +234-8033455724

Email: <mailto:Maki...@viableknowledgemasters.com> Maki...@viableknowledgemasters.com

Website: <http://www.viableknowledgemasters.com/> www.viableknowledgemasters.com

Twitter: @sesmak Skype: sesmak <http://orcid.org/0000-0002-1575-3588>

“I know Africa has the capacity and the capability to solve most of her problems, but Africa will not enable her human resources to perform effectively and efficiently. African leaders have little or no respect for their experts and would rather act on advice from external sources.” – Prof. Oyewale Tomori, Former President, Nigerian Academy of Science

Learn more about my work in Health Information Systems Strengthening in Nigeria from my research contributions below.

1. Meribole EC, Makinde OA, Oyemakinde A, Oyediran KA, Atobatele A, Fadeyibi FA, et al. The Nigerian health information system policy review of 2014 : the need, content, expectations and progress. Health Inf Libr J. 2018 Dec 1;35(4):285–97. Available from: <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/hir.12240> https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/hir.12240
2. Makinde OA, Meribole EC, Oyediran KA, Fadeyibi FA, Cunningham M, Hussein-Fajugbagbe Y, Toye F, Oyemakinde A, Mullen S. Duplication of effort across Development Projects in Nigeria: An example using the Master Health Facility List. Online J Public Health Inform [Internet]. 2018 Sep 15 [cited 2018 Sep 16];10(2). Available from: <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6194105/> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6194105/
3. Makinde OA, Sule A, Ayankogbe O, Boone D. Distribution of health facilities in Nigeria: Implications and options for Universal Health Coverage. Int J Health Plann Manage. 2018 Oct 1;33(4):e1179–92.. Available from: <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hpm.2603> https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/hpm.2603
4. Makinde OA, Mami MI, Oweghoro BM, Oyediran KA, Mullen S. Investing in health information management The right people, in the right place, at the right time. Health Inf Manag J [Internet]. 2016 Aug 1;45(2):90–6. Available from: <http://him.sagepub.com/content/45/2/90> http://him.sagepub.com/content/45/2/90
5. Makinde OA, Azeez A, Bamidele S, Oyemakinde A, Oyediran KA, Adebayo W, Fapohunda B, Abioye A, Mullen S. Development of a master health facility list in Nigeria. Online J Public Health Inform. 2014 Oct;6(2). Available from: <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4235326/> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4235326/