Looking for facilitators for the Virtual International Day of the Midwife 2013

Sarah Stewart

Mar 29, 2013, 8:03:14 AM3/29/13
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

How are you all? Sorry to email you out of the blue - I hope you don't mind me using this email group to send this request.

I am currently developing the Virtual International Day of the Midwife which is a 24 hour free online conference on the 5th May that is just going into its 5th year, designed for midwives and anyone interested in birth issues:

http://vidm.wikispaces.com/International+Day+of+the+Midwife+2013

We're looking for facilitators to support the speakers before the day, to set up their technology etc (we use Adobe Connect), and to facilitate the session on the day - each session is one hour long. Full instructions are provided, and "master" facilitators are available as a support for the facilitators. You do not need to be an expert on birth, or even that interested, but we'd like you to be reasonably confident and competent with online facilitation and web conferencing.  This event is developed and supported by volunteers with the aim of providing valuable professional development and networking opportunities for midwives, especially those who find it very difficult to get to face-to-face events.

Please feel free to get in touch if you'd like more information. If you are interested in helping out, have a look at the program, pick a time slot/s that suit you and get in touch with me.

thank you very much, Sarah

--
Sarah Stewart
Social Media & E-Learning Consultant

Carole mcCulloch

Mar 30, 2013, 2:10:07 AM3/30/13
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the invite Sarah, always good to keep in touch with our networks!
That week in May will be a busy one preparing for our Moodle Mahara Meetup 2013 in Adelaide.

Heads up: Steve Hargadon and Coach Carole are planning OzELive - full day free online conference for end of September 2013. Watch for news at CoachCarole.net

Sent from my iPad by CoachCarole

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Facilitating Online " group.