Reminder: How to facilitate an online team

Sarah Stewart

Mar 22, 2011, 4:58:56 PM3/22/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
This session with Terry Neal starts in 30 mins  :)

--
Sarah Stewart
EdD Student and Consultant

Chris Woodhouse

Mar 22, 2011, 6:37:12 PM3/22/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com

Sorry Sarah, only got back home 9pm UK (10am NZDT) and knackered after a long day and a bit.  Didn’t get to my Travelodge until 2:15 this morning!

Hope the session with Terry went well.

Cheers,

Chris

image001.jpg

Sarah Stewart

Mar 22, 2011, 8:53:44 PM3/22/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

You missed a very good session. Terry gave some great ideas about how to facilitate a virtual team, the processes to use, and some of the issues that may crop up along the way...like how to work with newbies and overcome less positive attitudes to online communication. Here is the recording:

http://elluminate.tekotago.ac.nz/play_recording.html?recordingId=1260256588914_1300824200251

cheers Sarah
image001.jpg

Coach Carole

Mar 22, 2011, 9:38:52 PM3/22/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I missed attending this session live, but have just viewed the recording and took some really useful notes about working in virtual teams. I especially liked how clearly the forming, storming, norming, performing and adjourning phases of the team work were identified and illustrated. Thanks to Terry Neal for a great presentation and to Sarah for organising this one and sharing the video of the the Second Life Birthing Unit education project at YouTube.

Coach Carole

Carole McCulloch
Facilitator, Eportfolio Community of Practice, Australia
http://epcop.net.au
Learning Technologist
http://coachcarole.wordpress.com
Technology Steward