Disappointing news. FO2011 will no longer be facil...

Sarah Stewart

Apr 8, 2011, 7:05:00 PM4/8/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
I have disappointing news for those of you who have been following this semester's iteration of FO2011. I am afraid that I do not have enough enrolled students to be able to continue facilitating 'Facilitating Online' this semester. Therefore, the course has ceased functioning as it usually does. We hope to offer Fo2011 again in July 2011 if we can get enough enrolled students, so please let me know if you'd like to enrol for that course.

Amended course schedule
I have slightly amended the course schedule for those of you who are following the course so you still have access to weekly live events of some sort or another. I have also given you links to the recordings of useful sessions that happened last year.

Looking for facilitators
If you would like to have the opportunity to practice your facilitation of a live online event, I am looking for volunteer facilitators for the Virtual International Day of the Midwife which runs for 24 hours from 12.00 hours on the 5th May New Zealand.

If you would like to go ahead with facilitating your own event to meet the assessment requirements of this course, please feel free to use the course wiki to organise it.

Questions or feedback
If you have any questions, or would like to give me feedback about the course, please feel free to either leave a comment on this blog or email me: sarahstewart07(at)gmail.com

Hope to see you next time, Sarah

Image: 'Marinos Ices Mixture'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34782207@N03/4539316616

--
Posted By Sarah Stewart to Facilitating Online 2011 at 4/09/2011 10:42:00 AM

--
Sarah Stewart
EdD Student and Consultant

Dr. Nellie Deutsch

Apr 8, 2011, 7:12:17 PM4/8/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Stewart
Hello Sarah,

I'm so sorry to hear this kind of news because I am doing all I can to promote free e-learning.
If anyone is interested, IT4LL provides free professional workshops for those interested.

Warm wishes,
Dr. Nellie Deutsch, EDD/CI
Educational Leadership
Curriculum and Instruction
Passionate about Learning
Integrating Technology for Active Lifelong Learning
I present at WiZiQ
Contact Me LinkedinFacebookEtsyTwitter

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

May your inner success shine and bring you a lot of success.

Sebastian Panakal

Apr 9, 2011, 6:25:57 AM4/9/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sarah,

In spite of your valiant efforts, the way we work is not working. Sorry to hear that.

Good News: WILL successfully complete the course in July, hopefully registering as a paid student to get the coveted certificate that could give me a push in my professional life.

I share your sadness.

Sincerely

Sebastian Panakal
33A.gif
323.gif
324.gif
331.gif

Sarah Stewart

Apr 9, 2011, 5:11:17 PM4/9/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

What I am interested in asking is: how can we design online learning experiences that are interactive and inclusive, valuable learning experiences, support communities of learning but do not rely heavily on free volunteers? In other words, what can I do so that I do not lose money for my institution as the teacher yet provide a service that meets needs of informal students?

What do you think?

Sarah
33A.gif
323.gif
324.gif
331.gif

Dr. Nellie Deutsch

Apr 9, 2011, 5:45:31 PM4/9/11
to facilitating-on...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Stewart
Sarah,

I would try to get funding for the program.