VOLUNTEERS NEEDED CLAREMONT, SOCAL:

lilly

Aug 17, 2019, 7:25:50 PM8/17/19
to Wcfp, Lilly Classes
From her ...
The next Pilgrim Place Festival will be Friday, November 8, and Saturday, November 9. Can you join us again and help with face painting?

I've divided the time into four periods: Friday from 10 – 1, Friday from 1 – 4, Saturday from 10 – 1, Saturday from 1 – 4.  If you can do full days, then we'll find time for you to get some lunch at the Food Court or to partake of the Thanksgiving meal served across the street in our dining room.

The Pilgrim Place Festival is the annual fundraiser for the Residents' Health and Support Fund, which is available to residents of Pilgrim Place who have limited financial resources in their later years. Most of us have been involved in some kind of lifelong service to our communities and the larger world through our work with religious or humanitarian organizations. And many of our jobs have been low-paying, meaning retirement resources are limited. The Residents' Health and Support Fund fills in the gap for those who need it.

Face painting at the Festival is a gift of service in another way, I believe. Many of the children come from families who cannot afford to pay the prices charged for face painting at Disneyland or the Country Fair. Our low prices make it possible for these children to enjoy having their faces painted and imagining themselves as tigers and dogs and princesses and butterflies! Our volunteer face painters make all this possible.

I also hear from many who have worked the festival that it is great face painting experience, giving you a chance to hone your skills on a wide variety of faces and also to work on your speed.

We hope we can count on you again this November. Please let me know if you can join us and which times are the best for you.

Gratefully,

Mary Ann Brussat
Facepainting Booth Chair
Pilgrim Place Festival