Ownership of the generated maps

Lars Wagner

May 11, 2021, 12:14:46 PM5/11/21
to FaceGen Forum
Hello all,
I wonder who owns the maps created with FaceGen afterwards. I use FaceGen Artist Pro primarily to add custom maps to Generation 3 or 8 figures in DAZ Studio. To do this, I create suitable heigh and normal maps outside of FaceGen after exporting and customize them in DAZ Studio according to my preferences.
Now I have already been asked several times whether I would pass on the generated material settings with the maps.
Unfortunately, I have found nothing in the readme's or on the homepage.
So now my question: After creating the maps, do I have the right to do what I want with them, or are there any restrictions?
Thanks a lot :)

FaceGen Expert

May 11, 2021, 12:46:49 PM5/11/21
to FaceGen Forum

Hello Lars,

FaceGen Artist has NO restrictions on what you do with the output.

However this may not be the case for Daz. Since FaceGen Artist modifies Daz content (mesh and images), you are still subject to IP restrictions from Daz.

Best wishes,