Create Event - Missing or invalid image file

themire

Aug 17, 2010, 11:07:57 AM8/17/10
to facebooker
Hi,

I'm using facebooker to create events. It usually works fine, but I'm
having some strange behaviour today.

When I try to push an event to a page (of which I'm an admin) I get
the following error :

Facebooker::Session::MissingOrInvalidImageFile: Missing or invalid
image file

But, when I try to push the exact same info, with the same image, to a
different page from a different user (who is admin of that page) it
works fine.

This leads me to think it's nothing to do with the image being invalid
and something to do with the permissions or page permissions
somewhere.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Julian

themire

Aug 17, 2010, 11:35:31 AM8/17/10
to facebooker
This is using the old REST API I should add.

Josh Huckabee

Oct 14, 2010, 4:10:02 PM10/14/10
to facebooker
I'm getting the same issue. Did you happen to figure this out?

Posting to an account works fine, adding in a page_id causes the error
you mention. Taking out the image with a page_id works fine. My
guess is its a Facebook related issue.

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

Oct 14, 2010, 6:45:16 PM10/14/10
to faceb...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

also....

Now I'm not sure that this code actually works with an iFrame application. Does it? Actually I'm just not sure I'm starting in the right place.

Does someone know where the basic Facebook iFrame setup information is? I'm having a hard time finding stuff on Facebook's developer site now that they changed it all around.

<%= fb_connect_async_js %>
<% if current_facebook_user %>
<%= "Welcome #{current_facebook_user.first_name} #{current_facebook_user.last_name}!" %>
or
<%= "Hello #{fb_name(current_facebook_user, :useyou => false)}!" # link to facebook profile
%>
<%= fb_logout_link("Logout of fb", request.url) %><br />
<% else
# you must explicitly request permissions for facebook user fields.
# here we instruct facebook to ask the user for permission for our website
# to access the user's facebook email and birthday
%>
<%= fb_login_and_redirect('<your URL here>', :perms => 'email,user_birthday') %>
<% end %>

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

Oct 14, 2010, 6:37:30 PM10/14/10
to faceb...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Couple of things re Facebooker

1) I'm trying to start a new app with Facebooker2 and Rails3. Am I crazy?

So far, things look OK, but on this page here

http://github.com/mmangino/facebooker2

It says you can use this:
<%= fb_connect_async_js %>

But in Rails 3 actually you need to do this

<% fb_connect_async_js %>

2) Can I help write some more documentation for Facebooker2? Is there a Wiki? I'd be happy to write down all the things I discover -- just not sure the move efficient way to record all the stuff I run into -- is this forum the best place to document it?

Thanks,
Jason

Mike Mangino

Oct 15, 2010, 9:09:48 AM10/15/10
to faceb...@googlegroups.com

I haven't tried Rails3 other than just http://www.islentilbornyet.com (which isn't the most complex site ever :) So everything is just a guess

> 2) Can I help write some more documentation for Facebooker2? Is there a Wiki? I'd be happy to write down all the things I discover -- just not sure the move efficient way to record all the stuff I run into -- is this forum the best place to document it?

The best bet is to fork facebooker2 and update the README. When you're happy with the docs, send me a pull request and I'll pull in your changes.

Mike

> Thanks,
> Jason
>
> --

Mike Mangino
http://www.elevatedrails.com

Jason Fleetwood-Boldt

Oct 15, 2010, 9:58:04 AM10/15/10
to faceb...@googlegroups.com
OK cool Mike, I'll do that.

By the way, upon further experimentation, i realized that this:

<%= fb_connect_async_js %>

should actually be this in Rails 3:

<%= raw(fb_connect_async_js) %>

I'll fork the git repo and work on the README. Looks OK with Rails 3 but there are lots of little things that might have to be tweeked so I'll look through the code too for those also.

Anybody have any ideas where to find info on writing a Facebook iFrame app? I know there's some javascript I have to load inside my iFrame, but I can't find where it is documented on Facebook's developer site. If anyone has the URL handy I'd appreciate it.

-Jason

Tony Maserati

Oct 20, 2010, 1:23:12 PM10/20/10
to facebooker
Lentil is your kid, Mike? :)

Congrats man!!

On Oct 15, 3:09 pm, Mike Mangino <mmang...@elevatedrails.com> wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2010, at 6:37 PM, Jason Fleetwood-Boldt wrote:
>

> > Mike,
>
> > Couple of things re Facebooker
>
> > 1) I'm trying to start a new app with Facebooker2 and Rails3. Am I crazy?
>
> > So far, things look OK, but on this page here
>
> >http://github.com/mmangino/facebooker2
>
> > It says you can use this:
> > <%= fb_connect_async_js %>
>
> > But in Rails 3 actually you need to do this
>
> > <% fb_connect_async_js %>
>
> I haven't tried Rails3 other than justhttp://www.islentilbornyet.com(which isn't the most complex site ever :) So everything is just a guess

Mike Mangino

Oct 20, 2010, 3:02:34 PM10/20/10
to faceb...@googlegroups.com

On Oct 20, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Tony Maserati wrote:

> Lentil is your kid, Mike? :)

yeah, we call our son Peanut. We decided to stick with legumes and nicknamed the second one lentil. If we have a third I guess they will go by garbanzo :)

> Congrats man!!

Thanks

Chris Butterfield

Apr 19, 2017, 5:47:21 AM4/19/17
to facebooker, julian.k...@gmail.com
Did you ever happen to figure out what was happening here?  I am having the same issue for a client's project and have no idea why.  Posting an image returns this error for one account, but posting to another account/page works fine.

Thanks,

Chris