[facebooker] Handling of expired session

Dave

Jan 5, 2012, 5:43:32 PM1/5/12
to facebooker
Hi all - I'm new to facebooker2 and just getting the hand of things so
sorry for my basic question. Hope it's ok to post here...

I had an app up and running for several days before I started getting
Mogli::Client::OAuthException - "Code was invalid or expired. Session
has expired at unix time 1325725200. The current unix time is
1325802756." current_facebook_user, from the login partial in
facebooker2 readme, is triggering the exception.

Does facebooker2 not handle expired access tokens? Am I supposed to
rescue this and use another helper to update the token?

Thanks!
Dave

Mike Mangino

Jan 6, 2012, 8:54:16 AM1/6/12
to faceb...@googlegroups.com
Facebooker2 doesn't handle it, because it requires you to re-auth the user. How that happens is application dependent, so it would be hard for Facebooker to handle it.

If anyone has a generic solution that looks like a target for extraction, I would be happy to try to generalize it and include it.

Mike

> --

Mike Mangino
http://www.elevatedrails.com