Facebooker2 and the new configuration to use in iframe apps

saldan

Oct 3, 2011, 5:47:45 AM10/3/11
to facebooker
Dear all,
anyone of you have created a new app in facebook, as iframe app?
Can you tell me how to set facebooker.yml correctly since api_key is
no more available.
Thanks to all, most of all to Mike Mangino that developed facebooker2
plugin for rails3.

Regards

Stéphane Akkaoui

Oct 3, 2011, 8:47:30 AM10/3/11
to faceb...@googlegroups.com
Hi saldan.

As of now, you can use the app_id in place of api_key.

HTH,

--
Stéphane Akkaoui

saldan

Oct 3, 2011, 9:30:28 AM10/3/11
to facebooker
Thanks Stéphane,
I tried that but without success.
I was using facebooker2, version 0.0.5 (very old one).
So I decided to use the last one but the manual (https://github.com/
mmangino/facebooker2) is out of date.
In one of the previous versions there was a method, named,
ensure_canvas_connected that did ensure to be logged and authorized as
facebook user before anything.
Now this function is disappeared. Ho do you handle this situation with
the newer version of facebooker2?
Many thanks