Issue 57 in fabricate: Build fails using Cygwin64

fabr...@googlecode.com

Oct 22, 2014, 6:00:29 AM10/22/14
to fabrica...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 57 by James.Mu...@gmail.com: Build fails using Cygwin64
https://code.google.com/p/fabricate/issues/detail?id=57

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create project in Cygwin64 environment
2. Attempt to Build
3. Error stating:
"C:\cygwin64\bin\strace.exe: unknown option -- e
Try `strace.exe --help' for more information.
fabricate: 'strace' exited with status 1"

I expect the build to complete without errors.

Fabricate Git SHA: 0c63da64023bdd04259908d03fa75a7acc41f3a7
Windows 7 SP1, Python 2.7.8, Cygwin64

This is caused by Cygwin64 doing the following:
>>> platform.system()
'CYGWIN_NT-6.1'

I suggest replacing hardcoded checks to system.platform() == "Windows" to
something like this the attached patch (sorry for the extraneous
auto-coding standard fixes)

This fix worked for my environment

Attachments:
patch.diff 18.3 KB