Google Code closing down -- time to move fabricate to GitHub?

Ben Hoyt

Mar 12, 2015, 2:40:24 PM3/12/15
to fabrica...@googlegroups.com
Just saw an article where Google says they're shutting down Google Code, so fabricate will need to move. Here's the article:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

The timeline for closing down is fairly long:
  • March 12, 2015 - New project creation disabled.
  • August 24, 2015 - The site goes read-only. You can still checkout/view project source, issues, and wikis.
  • January 25, 2016 - The project hosting service is closed. You will be able to download a tarball of project source, issues, and wikis. These tarballs will be available throughout the rest of 2016.
But it'd still be good to move the fabricate project well before any deadlines.

Each Google Code project has a nice "Export to GitHub" button at the top, so it looks like they make it easy for you.

-Ben

Simon Alford

Mar 13, 2015, 9:25:13 AM3/13/15
to fabrica...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree. I will move it in the next week or two. Should not take long now there is a nice tool to help.

Simon.

Mathieu Clabaut

Apr 21, 2015, 6:20:58 AM4/21/15
to fabrica...@googlegroups.com
Any news on this subject… ?

For information, I'm working on a FuserRunner, which works similary to TUP by using a fuse mount point to collect access to filesystem…
It is certainly better to wait for the project to be exported to github before making a pull request…

Simon Alford

Apr 21, 2015, 10:22:54 AM4/21/15
to fabrica...@googlegroups.com

I have done a basic export of the project to git hub. It can be found at https://github.com/SimonAlfie/fabricate