Re: How can Gradle projects play in a fabric8 world?

Christian Posta

Sep 30, 2016, 1:23:34 PM9/30/16
to Mike, fabric8
I don't think it'd be that difficult to create a Gradle plugin based on what the mvn plugin does... though I don't think anyone's done that yet.

If anyone wants to tackle that, that'd be awesome :)

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Mike <mrayar...@flyingraydesign.com> wrote:
How can Gradle projects play in a fabric8 world? Or, is it best to just stick with Maven?

Christian Posta
twitter: @christianposta

James Strachan

Oct 1, 2016, 4:13:46 AM10/1/16
to Mike, fabric8
For now I'd say it's best to stick with maven as we've really great tooling for it & all our quick starts and archetypes use it.

Longer term we should be able to refactor the maven tooling so the capabilities can be integrated into other JVM based build systems like gradle & sbt. For many goals it should be fairly straightforward refactoring; though it also requires refactoring of the docker-maven-plugin too (which makes heavy use of plexus & assemblies etc) so that could be a reasonable amount of work.

But we love patches if gradle/sbt users wanna help!

On Friday, 30 September 2016, Mike <mrayar...@flyingraydesign.com> wrote:
How can Gradle projects play in a fabric8 world? Or, is it best to just stick with Maven?

James
-------
Red Hat

Twitter: @jstrachan