[ANNOUNCE] Eclipse JKube 1.16.1 released

1 view

Rohan Kumar

Feb 27, 2024, 9:57:44 AMFeb 27
to devtools-deploy, devtools-saas, fabric8-devclients, fabric8, devtools-team, devtools-build, Gerard Braad, Marc Nuri San Felix, Sun Tan
Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce Eclipse JKube 1.16.1 was just released! You can find the release at Maven Central [1].

Eclipse JKube is a collection of plugins and libraries that are used for building container images using Docker, JIB or S2I build strategies.
Eclipse JKube generates and deploys Kubernetes/OpenShift manifests at compile time too.

JKube is the successor to the deprecated Fabric8 Maven Plugin, please check our migration guide [2] if you come from FMP.

Using this release:

pom.xml:

<plugin>
  <groupId>org.eclipse.jkube</groupId>
  <artifactId>kubernetes-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.16.1</version>
</plugin>

build.gradle:

plugins {
  id 'org.eclipse.jkube.kubernetes' version '1.16.1'
}

(Check Maven Central [1] for the rest of artifacts)

These are the features and fixes included in 1.16.1:
- Fix #2582: Moved PortMapping class from package `org.eclipse.jkube.kit.build.api.model` to `org.eclipse.jkube.kit.common` [3]
- Fix #2726: helm-lint works seamlessly on MacOS aarch64 [4]

Your feedback is highly appreciated, you can provide it by replying to the mailing list or through the usual channels. [5] [6]

[1] https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/jkube/kubernetes-maven-plugin/1.16.1/
[2] https://www.eclipse.dev/jkube/docs/migration-guide/
[3] https://github.com/eclipse/jkube/issues/2582
[4] https://github.com/eclipse/jkube/issues/2726