GOTM/FABM/ParSAC workshop

Karsten Bolding

Apr 6, 2022, 3:31:35 AM4/6/22
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com, gotm-...@googlegroups.com, fabm-...@googlegroups.com, fabm-...@googlegroups.com
Hello

In autumn 2019 we had a week long workshop in Denmark with 20+ participants. We enjoyed it and I think that participants went away much better equipped than before arriving.

We have had mail from a number of  people who were interested to know if we would make such a work shop again. Before deciding so we would like to get a feeling for the interest. In order to do all the preparation and allocate one week for the actual workshop there should be at least 20 participants - and better 30.

So if you are interested - or know of somebody who could be interested then send me a mail and I'll gauge the interest and decide whether to proceed with actual preparations. Please reply within a month.

The content of the workshop will alternate between presentations and hands-on work and will have the following content:
1) GOTM
2) FABM
3) ParSAC
4) Data-assimilation in GOTM/FABM using EAT (Ensemble and Assimilation Tool).

Item 4 is new compared to last time. EAT is developed in a EU funded project and is presently being used actively in that project.

Best regards,
Karsten

PS: Please circulate this mail to anybody who could be interested.

Karsten Bolding

May 16, 2022, 8:49:34 AM5/16/22
to gotm-...@googlegroups.com, gotm-...@googlegroups.com, fabm-...@googlegroups.com, fabm-...@googlegroups.com
Hello

A bit more than a month has passed since I sent out the mail to gauge the interest for a workshop.

The number of replies decides that there is no need to process with further planning as the number of people replying is below the needed number of participants.

So - all for now.

We might try a poll another time - time will show.

Best regards,
Karsten