A minor point...

1 view

ucbvax!works

Mar 12, 1982, 5:07:08 AM3/12/82
>From BILLW@Sri-Kl Fri Mar 12 00:28:13 1982
I would like to ponit out that new micro-processors are being
anounced at a rate of greater than one per year. If you want
your workstation to be able to use state of the art technology,
you have to be able to put an operating system on it pretty
quickly. This means that it should be written in a relatively
high level language, wit a minimum of machine code necessary
for each processor. Right now, this means UNIX, I think.
Maybe in a little while it will include SmallTalk and others...

WW