RPCGEN and Remote Procedure Programming

Bobby Krupczak

Nov 22, 1988, 1:22:04 PM11/22/88
Hi!

I am doing a project for school involving RPCGEN, Sun's remote procedure
call program compiler. I am currently using version 3.5. The latest
version of the Documenation is Revision A of 9 May, 1988. My problem
is that Sun's documentation does not match the RPCGEN version that I have.

Their are several problems : first, the docs I have refer to a function
called clnt_create. The function is supposed to set up or create
the client handle to the server. This function does not seem to exist
when I compile the program. When I substituted this function with
clnttcp_create(), it compiled but then proceeded to crash.

I was hoping to get assistance from anyone that : has experience using
RPCGEN, anyone who write remote procedure calls, or anyone that might
know where and how to get better, more accurate information.

Thanks

Bobby Krupczak
r...@beach.cis.ufl.edu