leadership assesment; personality and prediction of behavior

Apr 14, 2001, 9:02:35 AM4/14/01
We are two students of psychology at the University of Oslo, Norway who are
doing our final thesis on the relationship between personality and behavior.
More specifically we are looking at the relationship between a personality
assessment of leaders and a 360 degree assessment of their behavior as
leaders, rated by their managers, colleagues and subordinates as well as
themselves, to see if we find confirmation for theoretically based
hypothesis for the link between the two assessments. In the data collection
we have used opq32 for personality assessments, and IMC for 360 degree
assessments (both tools developed by Saville & Holdsworth LTD -
www.shlgroup.com).

We have now concluded the data collection of the 70 leaders and are in the
process of formulating the theoretical hypothesis of what we expect to find
during the data analysis. Of course we do have lots of input from our
councils and the professor we have as our main councilor, but we also would
like to hear input from others on studies which maybe have been done in the
same area. I am sure we are not the only students who has done this kind of
studies, and we would also like input from others in this field on
interesting studies, articles and other stuff we might find useful in our
continuing work on our thesis.

We would be grateful for any input of this kind. We are also looking for
concrete articles at the moment which are not easily available in Norway.
Right now we are on the lookout for:

Personality correlates of leadership behaviors, Brown, Margot-Ellen
(2000) Dissertation abstracts international: section B: The
science and engineering. 2000. Vol 60 (12-b)

A research study to determine: traits, actions and backgrounds of
leaders that result in goal achievement. Toney,
Frank-L (1996) Dissertation abstracts international section A: Humanities
and social sciences 1996 May; Vol 56 (11-A)

If anyone have these articles in electronic version we would be very
interested in getting them. If you have any other articles in the same area
we would also like to hear from you.

You can contact me directly on : to...@student.sv.uio.no

Kind regards

Tor Levin Hofgaard