cd burner in base of NetBSD

Jeremy C. Reed

Feb 28, 2008, 5:47:23 PM2/28/08
to netbs...@netbsd.org
I may have overlooked one -- if so please point me to man page.

Any plans or thoughts on providing a CD writer in NetBSD?

I see FreeBSD and DragonFly have burncd and OpenBSD has cdio.

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I have used cdrecord many times.

Jonathan A. Kollasch

Mar 6, 2008, 12:00:25 PM3/6/08
to Jeremy C. Reed, netbs...@netbsd.org
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 04:47:50PM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I may have overlooked one -- if so please point me to man page.
>
> Any plans or thoughts on providing a CD writer in NetBSD?

I'd like to see at the very least a utility that could close
discs. I hear you can write to the device and get data on
the disk, but closing the disc still needs to be performed for
compatibility.

> I see FreeBSD and DragonFly have burncd and OpenBSD has cdio.

cdio looks like it has some bits that could be ported.

Jonathan Kollasch

Jeremy C. Reed

Mar 6, 2008, 12:11:30 PM3/6/08
to Jonathan A. Kollasch, netbs...@netbsd.org
> I'd like to see at the very least a utility that could close
> discs. I hear you can write to the device and get data on
> the disk, but closing the disc still needs to be performed for
> compatibility.

Do you mean like "cdplay close" to "Inject the disc"?

> > I see FreeBSD and DragonFly have burncd and OpenBSD has cdio.
> >

> cdio looks like it has some bits that could be ported.

Maybe I can add to the SoC projects page.

Jeremy C. Reed

Jonathan A. Kollasch

Mar 6, 2008, 12:58:33 PM3/6/08
On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 11:10:59AM -0600, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > I'd like to see at the very least a utility that could close
> > discs. I hear you can write to the device and get data on
> > the disk, but closing the disc still needs to be performed for
> > compatibility.
>

> Do you mean like "cdplay close" to "Inject the disc"?

Close disk, close session. Things you do when done burning.

Jonathan Kollasch