The end of tadream@cs.uwp.edu

tadream mailing list

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
to tad...@cs.uwp.edu

> Really-From: Klaus Beschorner <kl...@ibm.net>
>

> >> hope someone comes up with something...
> >
> >Joel already set it up so why you wait for subbing to it, Klaus !
> >See you there! :-)
>
> Why I waited ? #cause there were only 2 friggin digests since
> last April. So far, this has not been the most active of places.
>
> I'm subbed now, to wait and see...
>
> cheers
> klaus

The reason why there have only been 2 friggin digests since April for
the tangerinedream onelist is that it has not been used. I did
not want to eliminate the list after Joe and I decided to just use the
"tadream" onelist but I figured the second list may come in handy some
day (like now) However, it was basically empty. A number of times I sent mail
to the list saying "Go to the tadream onelist as this one is not being used"
some people did that, but for the most part the dozen or so people that
were on the list ignored me. I just checked the subscribers and there are
now 196 people on the "tadream" onelist (moderated) and 68 people on
the unmoderated "tangerinedream" onelist. So traffic should pick up here,
but don't expect miracles to happen as the UWP list has only produced
less than 10 posts a day for weeks now it seems. Also don't just *lurk*
and then complain that there are no posts to the list. Participate, sell something
or just tell us what your least favorite TD release is and then sit back and
watch the sparks fly!

Regards,

Joel

tadream mailing list

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
to tad...@cs.uwp.edu

>Participate, sell something
> or just tell us what your least favorite TD release is and then sit back
and
> watch the sparks fly!

I fuckin hate Rockoon.............

But i love Ricochet, Tangram, Rubycon, Cyclone, Pheadra..and so
on........lets see some sparks fly !!

Nick

PS.......is Profanity allowed................is this a pub setting or a girl
guides meeting ?

Home Ni...@Clara.co.uk
Work Nick....@pgen.com

tadream mailing list

Aug 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/29/99
to tad...@cs.uwp.edu

Ricochet

It's hard for me to listen to Ricochet pt 2... it's just so abusive
to me. It trances then it takes me into a nightmare and
upon returning to reality, it blasts into my ear seemingly
getting louder and louder. Each and everytime I must get
up and turn it down because it has practically become
the only things I hear and think about and the reverberations
in my ear just become too much. I have yet to know any other
music to do this.. no matter how harsh and 'bad' it is. Better
I should have known the genious behind the piano intro as
the mood quickly changes and those hollowing echo type voices
begin the terror to come. I have allowed myself at a sleepy
state to allow Ricochet pt. 2 to play upon repeat. Little did I know
that at every point in this track did I wake up and clasp my ears
under a pillow and ride through until the end where by it sends me
back to my original dream state so I could become tortured again.
Not only does it ring upon me in its resonance but as well as in its
complexity of layers and quick movements. At which point the chaos
begins is when the pain starts and even though the predictable
underlying sequencers control all, what has been managed is about as
harsh and eye opening as a baby's cry.
Not that I don't like this track, I just feel it is one of TD's roughest
collections
of bits of music put together.

Greg H.

Steven L. Fornal

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Best TD work...Dream Mixes...Mars Polaris...Goblin's Club(first 5
songs)...Strangely addictive is Optical Race...Steve