Re: Is the lout mailing list dead?

KHMan

Aug 20, 2010, 11:14:26 AM8/20/10
to Mark Summerfield, Valeriy E. Ushakov., Remo Dentato, Ludovic Courtès, lout-...@lists.planix.com, Frank Arnold
On 8/10/2010 3:43 PM, Mark Summerfield wrote:
> I'm wondering if the lout-users mailing list is dead? I haven't seen an
> email to it in a long time and the one hosted on planix's most recent
> date is 2009-04-17.

The mailing list started bouncing for me around 2009-08-02, when I
tried posting a message. After that, I didn't really try posting
again. I didn't receive any message either.

The SF wiki pages had moved hosts around 2009-08, I sent in the
ticket to make the move, but I think the current pages need a bit
of sprucing up because the new wiki system doesn't import
everything perfectly. This is currently low priority for me.

>[snip]
> Unfortunately I don't have the time or expertise to look after a mailing
> list, but I still wish there was one. If the planix one is gone would it
> be easier/better to create a new one on google groups?

A good idea, I think...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)

Jeff Kingston

Aug 20, 2010, 11:16:02 AM8/20/10
to Ludovic Court?s, Mark Summerfield, lout-...@lists.planix.com
Hi all,

I'm happy for Ludovic to take over the mailing list. Has
someone tried to contact Greg Woods, who maintained the
planix list, to see what's going on? It would be courteous
to try to contact him before setting up a different list.

Jeff

Daniel Ajoy

Aug 20, 2010, 1:20:11 PM8/20/10
to lout-...@lists.planix.com
I got a digest today, it had the following topics, the first one dates back to

Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:20:41 +0200

Today's Topics:

1. Patch for Index B Text (Yves Forkl)
2. Re: TeX vs. LaTeX (was: two documents) (Daniel Ajoy)
3. "creative commons" symbol (Daniel Ajoy)
4. How to get this kind of character ? (Dominique Cr?tel)
5. Graph (Daniel Ajoy)
6. Test - is anybody here? (James Mansion)
7. Re: Is the lout mailing list dead? (KHMan)

Daniel