Chapter's author and authors name in page headers possible with Lout?

anon

May 1, 2011, 11:40:54 AM5/1/11
Hello,

I am relatively new to Lout and am in the process of preparing a
volume with contributions from different authors. So I am of course
using the book document type to accomplish this. So far everything
works fine and I only had to adjust very few options of Lout's book-
type setup. Unfortunately, the publisher's style-sheet demands that
there is a running title on top of every even page with each
contributor's name in it.

I am mostly familiar with the Lout User's manual but haven't found
anything helpful to solve this issue except the fact that one can
modify the @Running*Top option in the @DocumentSetup section. The
@Chapter structure obviously doesn't have an @Author (or something
like @ChapterAuthor) parameter, which could be used to set this
@Running*Top option.

My question therefore is: Is there any practicable way (for a non-
programmer) to have this done with Lout's possibilities?

I would be grateful for any help.

Piotr

anon

May 1, 2011, 3:41:58 PM5/1/11
On 1 Mai, 17:40, anon <cub37z6x7...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the publisher's style-sheet demands that
> there is a running title on top of every even page with each
> contributor's name in it.
>
> My question therefore is: Is there any practicable way (for a non-
> programmer) to have this done with Lout's possibilities?

I attempted to answer the question myself, but hopefully there are
enough Lout experts still monitoring this list, who will come up with
a more elegant an less error prone solution.

My practical approach would be to define a new Symbol (e.g.
"@AuthorName" ) which I invoke in every "@Chapter" of the book. I then
put a cross reference (cf. Lout Expert's Guide p. 9) into the
"@Running*Top" format option, for instance

"@RunningEvenTop { @B @PageNum @Centre { Slope 12p } @Font
{ @AuthorName&&preceding } }"

and pray to my personal deity that "total desaster" stays away.

Piotr