Framebuffer HOWTO 1.3 released

Alex Buell

Feb 8, 2009, 4:09:17 AM2/8/09
to linux-...@vger.kernel.org
Hi,

I've dug out my original Framebuffer HOWTO sgml document written during
the late 1990s, and have updated it with current e-mail address. You
can grab it from here:
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.html

This document dates back to the 2.2.x kernel days, but I have plans to
bring it fully up to date. If anyone is interested in helping out with
this, please drop me an e-mail.

Thanks
--
http://www.munted.org.uk

Fearsome grindings.

Randy Dunlap

Sep 9, 2010, 6:54:52 PM9/9/10
to Alex Buell, linux...@vger.kernel.org, linux-...@vger.kernel.org
On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:08:44 +0000 Alex Buell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've dug out my original Framebuffer HOWTO sgml document written during
> the late 1990s, and have updated it with current e-mail address. You
> can grab it from here:
> http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.html

Hi Alex,

cc-ing linux...@vger.kernel.org for posterity.

That file (*.html) above is actually a tar.gz file.
Could you rename it so that tools actually work with it?

or better yet, could you put the html files on a (or your) server
for viewing?

Thanks.

> This document dates back to the 2.2.x kernel days, but I have plans to
> bring it fully up to date. If anyone is interested in helping out with
> this, please drop me an e-mail.

---
~Randy

Alex Buell

Sep 9, 2010, 7:45:57 PM9/9/10
to Randy Dunlap, linux...@vger.kernel.org, linux-...@vger.kernel.org
On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 15:54 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:08:44 +0000 Alex Buell wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've dug out my original Framebuffer HOWTO sgml document written during
> > the late 1990s, and have updated it with current e-mail address. You
> > can grab it from here:
> > http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.html
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> cc-ing linux...@vger.kernel.org for posterity.
>
> That file (*.html) above is actually a tar.gz file.
> Could you rename it so that tools actually work with it?
>
> or better yet, could you put the html files on a (or your) server
> for viewing?
>
> Thanks.

Oh dear.

The correct URL is
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO/

There are also three tarballs:
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.html.tar.gz
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.txt.tar.gz
http://www.munted.org.uk/programming/Framebuffer-HOWTO-1.3.xml.tar.gz

Hope this is helpful. Sorry about the bad URL that was given out!
--
Tactical Nuclear Kittens