Imagens on ethernet and page reversal

1 view

FUR...@washington.arpa

Oct 22, 1985, 1:49:24 AM10/22/85
From: Geoffrey H. Cooper <imagen!ge...@decwrl.DEC.COM>

In Imagen printers, two job control language fields affect page reversal:
pagecollation -- print collated copies in the <<right>> order
for this engine, so that you get copies 1-2-3...
1-2-3..., ... going down from the top of the
stack.
pagereversal -- reverse the order in which pages come out on this
job from its ``natural'' order.
Pagecollation is a device independent feature. It exists specifically to
let a host send a master down to one of a number of printers and get
consistent reversal and collation. Pagereversal is device dependent, since
the natural output order of the engine is device dependent.

You can put them together. The combination means ``print collated sets
in the reverse order from pagecollation'', i.e., the last page in the
master is the top page in the stack. This is what you use when you want
collated sets from a master generator that generates impress files in
reverse order (because it was designed around an 8/300 or Imprint-10).

In V2.2, the jobheader command has the following meaning:

jobheader off -- never print job headers
jobheader on -- always print job headers
jobheader onerror -- only print job headers when there are
error messages to print on them.

You can set the default document control to disable jobheaders on
jobs by default. Our interpretation of document defaults is that the
document itself may override them, so the document can still request
a job header using a "jobheader on" entry in the document header.

Your suggestion about typing a command on the console saying "I got the
job, so don't print the header" is a good one. I'll save it for when
we spec out features for the next release.

- Geof Cooper
Imagen