Dartmouth's MazeWar

mss%dartvax%d...@csnet-relay.arpa

Sep 29, 1985, 1:24:00 PM9/29/85
Beware: the source for the MazeWar I just sent is *not* a bigger and
better MazeWar. Just the opposite -- it was a weekly homework
assignment for a course in computer networks we gave last winter at
Dartmouth. The program is quite simple (and even includes some ways to
cheat). Ralph asked for the sources so that a collection of network
programs could be assembled for analysis. Hence I did not bother to
send an executable version. However, I will try to get the appropriate
archive disk out for the course and upload a HQX version of the
application. (Also beware, my MazeWar may not work with MPP 3.08B or
whatever we're up to since the program was written against with MPP 2.0
-- MPP 2.0 assumed that INIT resources would establish node addresses
and install the appletalk resources. I believe that starting with 3.0,
a program was supposed to explicitly load MPP before using it.)

-Mark