[hylafax-users] WHFC on Windows 7 64bit

Claudio Prono

Jan 29, 2010, 8:54:24 AM1/29/10
to hylafa...@hylafax.org
Hi to all,

I have some problems to use whfc with windows 7 64bit. I know is not
designed for that OS, but with Vista is working anyway...

The problem with Windows 7 is to register the DLL. I have tryed to run
it with the administrative privileges, but nothing, the error is always
the same: Unable to register dll (206).

Anyone know how to make it work on the new children of Microsoft?

Thank u in advance, have a nice day!

Claudio.

Claudio Prono OPST
System Developer
Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17 Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY http://atpss.net/disclaimer

A J Stiles

Jan 29, 2010, 9:25:19 AM1/29/10
to hylafa...@hylafax.org, claudi...@atpss.net
On Friday 29 Jan 2010, Claudio Prono wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I have some problems to use whfc with windows 7 64bit. I know is not
> designed for that OS, but with Vista is working anyway...
>
> The problem with Windows 7 is to register the DLL. I have tryed to run
> it with the administrative privileges, but nothing, the error is always
> the same: Unable to register dll (206).
>
> Anyone know how to make it work on the new children of Microsoft?

If 64-bit Windows is anything like 64-bit Linux, then programs have to be
linked against *either* 32-bit libraries *or* 64-bit libraries. A program
linked against 32-bit libraries cannot use 64-bit libraries. And some 64-bit
Linux distributions don't include 32-bit libraries.

The fix is just to build it from Source Code on the target 64-bit system.

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail. Insert a figure "one" before the

Claudio Prono

Jan 29, 2010, 10:16:14 AM1/29/10
to A J Stiles, hylafa...@hylafax.org

A J Stiles ha scritto:

> On Friday 29 Jan 2010, Claudio Prono wrote:
>
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I have some problems to use whfc with windows 7 64bit. I know is not
>> designed for that OS, but with Vista is working anyway...
>>
>> The problem with Windows 7 is to register the DLL. I have tryed to run
>> it with the administrative privileges, but nothing, the error is always
>> the same: Unable to register dll (206).
>>
>> Anyone know how to make it work on the new children of Microsoft?
>>

> If 64-bit Windows is anything like 64-bit Linux, then programs have to be
> linked against *either* 32-bit libraries *or* 64-bit libraries. A program
> linked against 32-bit libraries cannot use 64-bit libraries. And some 64-bit
> Linux distributions don't include 32-bit libraries.
>
> The fix is just to build it from Source Code on the target 64-bit system.

Ok thanks. There is anyone have compiled into a 64bit WHFC from source?
I don't have now the compiler for windows...

Klaus Hochlehnert

Jan 29, 2010, 2:24:13 PM1/29/10
to claudi...@atpss.net, A J Stiles, hylafa...@hylafax.org
Hi,

I can't really help you with this, as I don't use 64-bit, but I can really recommend YajHFC as client for HylaFAX.
It' s Java, so you just need 64-Bit Java from Sun (or Oracle now).

Normally I'm not a big Java fan, but this program is really fast and works.
If used with Java 1.6 you also get a tray icon...

The only thing I don't know if you get libtiff and GhostScript running on 64-bit Windows.

See http://yajhfc.berlios.de/ for more info.

Regards, Klaus

Claudio Prono

Feb 1, 2010, 4:15:44 AM2/1/10
to Klaus Hochlehnert, A J Stiles, hylafa...@hylafax.org
Unfortunately the website of yajHFC is down :(

Btw, with that client i can send directly format like .doc .pdf, .xls
and similars or i have to transform first in Postscript files?

Cheers,

Claudio.

Klaus Hochlehnert ha scritto:

> Hi,
>

> I can’t really help you with this, as I don’t use 64-bit, but I can
> really recommend YajHFC as client for HylaFAX.
>
> It’ s Java, so you just need 64-Bit Java from Sun (or Oracle now).
>

> Normally I’m not a big Java fan, but this program is really fast and
> works.
>
> If used with Java 1.6 you also get a tray icon...
>

> The only thing I don’t know if you get libtiff and GhostScript running
> on 64-bit Windows.
>

> See http://yajhfc.berlios.de/ for more info.
>

> Regards, Klaus

John Hudak

Feb 1, 2010, 10:08:32 AM2/1/10
to claudi...@atpss.net, Klaus Hochlehnert, A J Stiles, hylafa...@hylafax.org
Down? really? I've been there 5-6 times in the last 2 days and it has always
been there.
John

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 4:15 AM, Claudio Prono <claudi...@atpss.net>wrote:

> Unfortunately the website of yajHFC is down :(
>
> Btw, with that client i can send directly format like .doc .pdf, .xls and
> similars or i have to transform first in Postscript files?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Claudio.
>

> Klaus Hochlehnert ha scritto:
>
> Hi,
>

> I can�t really help you with this, as I don�t use 64-bit, but I can really

> recommend YajHFC as client for HylaFAX.
>

> It� s Java, so you just need 64-Bit Java from Sun (or Oracle now).
>

> Normally I�m not a big Java fan, but this program is really fast and works.

> If used with Java 1.6 you also get a tray icon...
>

> The only thing I don�t know if you get libtiff and GhostScript running on

> 64-bit Windows.
>

> See http://yajhfc.berlios.de/ for more info.
>

> Regards, Klaus
>

> *From:* hylafax-us...@hylafax.org [