Re. ghc newest v platform

not.soci...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2014, 5:44:19 AM12/18/14
johannes falcone wrote:-

> cant i get ghc and the cabal install newest stuff?
>
> why need platform?
>
> i just wana run happstack

Is there no *active* USEnet group for Haskell?
I've got hugs98 [a subset of haskell] running,
but the language is very strange for someone with procedural
languages background.

OTOH, just giving the facts and having the CPU <work out>
the answer to the question is fascinating.

On-line tutorials that I've seen so far, are poorly structured:
eg first trying how-to use patterns, and then only much later,
defining what [formally] a pattern IS.

====