UEFI boot filter

Peter Blok

Oct 12, 2016, 8:57:11 AM10/12/16
to freebsd...@freebsd.org
My Asrock E3C224D4I-14S has a CSM option “Boot option filter” which allows me to show only devices that can boot with UEFI.

If it is set to UEFI and Legacy, FreeBSD boots fine over UEFI.

If I set it to UEFI only, the disk is not found.

I have Solaris 11.3 installed on a different disk and that one is listed as “ORACLE Solaris 11.3” in the list of bootable devices, instead of the disk number and vendor id. FreeBSD doesn’t show up in the list.

Does anybody know how this mechanism works and how to make it work for FreeBSD?

Peter