Suspend to disk/ S4/ Hibernate

Cory Pruce

Oct 3, 2016, 9:13:59 PM10/3/16
to hac...@freebsd.org
Hi,

Has anyone started on this? I see acpi in the freebsd source code and that suspend to ram is (mostly) done. I’ve been briefly looking through linux-4.5’s kernel/power/* (mostly hibernate.c).

Let me know if anyone has input on this.

Thanks,
Cory

Cory Pruce

Oct 4, 2016, 3:09:36 PM10/4/16
to Joe Nosay, hac...@freebsd.org
Yup, it is a comparative analysis. Hibernate.c is in the linux-4.5 source (kernel/power/hibernate.c).

Do you mean the email will bounce?

From: Joe Nosay <superb...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 10:42 AM
To: Cory Pruce <cpr...@juniper.net>
Cc: "hac...@freebsd.org" <hac...@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: Suspend to disk/ S4/ Hibernate

This will bounce for one.
Where in "hibernate.c" ?
I assume that you are doing a comparative analysis.