personal computer economics

SK@mit-mc

Jun 14, 1981, 7:19:33 AM6/14/81
"... So your increase in productivity would have to
be at least 20% to break even."
Not at all. Suppose your time is worth $30,000/yr. I will sell you a
two dollar widget that will increase your productivity 10%. According
to your statement, you would not buy the $2 widget from me because it
doesn't "save" you $6,000/yr; it only saves you $3,000/yr.

What you were trying to say is that the ROI of OA should be higher
than other investments. Yes, I agree. But your statement above is
incorrect.